Tuesday, June 12, 2012

New Beginnings

bh
Today I read an article on Facebook about a topic that I have some very strong opinions on. I reposted the article along with a short blurb outlining some of my thoughts on my wall and on a friend's wall. Within a few minutes two of my colleagues at work came over to my office and told me they had read both the article and my comments, and loved reading "my stuff" every time I put something up. They said my opinions were always "interesting" and that I should write more. 


This has been a big year for my husband and I. In December of 2011, we made Aliyah and moved to Israel. We settled in Jerusalem, the eternal capital of the Jewish Homeland and modern State of Israel. Although I had been to Israel many times over the years, have family in Israel, worked for the Israeli government, speak some Hebrew, and generally love every form of garbanzo bean- it was still a very big move. 


This move has been the culmination of a lot of things and I realized today that quite a few people are interested in hearing about Aliyah experiences in general, and a personal take on issues affecting the Jewish community and Israel in particular, like mine, for example. 


So after some thought I decided that instead of, or perhaps in addition to, leaving my opinions and comments on random articles and posts on Facebook, I should collect my thoughts and present them in a way that allows my family and friends, and anyone else interested, to tune in and read a more organized, and hopefully coherent, version of my opinions and ramblings. 


With this blog, I will endeavor to share my thoughts and opinions about Israel, Zionism, the Jewish people, and beer. You might be thinking that there is something a little off about the previous sentence, something that just doesn't fit . . .beer? Stay tuned because eventually I am going to elaborate and explain why Beer is something I feel strongly about and something that I think it intimately connected with Zionism. 


And so, as with the new life my husband and I are beginning in Israel, so too will I begin a new blog. Enjoy reading and always feel free to share your opinions!  



1 comment:

  1. I love this idea! Everything you post on Facebook is part of my daily reading because I am always enlightened, educated or entertained. I comment at times, but will like this personal way even better.
    Thanks for sharing. Your experiences are important to many people. Especially your Aunt Deb, who loves you dearly.
    Always and hugs. D

    ReplyDelete